NoX Revival Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NoX Revival Role-Playing

GLaDOS: Are you still there? ~SYNTAX_ERROR

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Griping about Modern Warfare 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Garganium
33rd Caucasian Mage
Garganium

Griping about Modern Warfare 2 Empty
PostSubject: Griping about Modern Warfare 2   Griping about Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Ok. I played MW and MW2 through (in singleplayer via the PC) and some mp on both the 360 (via my cousin's console) and PC (via 7chan dedi servers).

So, I will tell everyone what I liked about it and what I thought was terrible. Then you all (with the exception of Raven and Syntax who seem to not be on the MW2 train) will explain why it is, in fact, SO AWESOME.

Right? Ok.

---

AUGH EVERYTHING IS TOO DARK AND BROWN AND I CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ALLIES AND ENEMIES AND MID RANGE.

This gripe is pretty straightforward, the game likes being fucking dark. It also likes fucking up your vision in as many ways as possible. Oh well, it's not that bad in multiplayer where everyone has the same problem, but I noticed it quite a bit in singleplayer. Which means lots of friendly fire until I got used to the subtle differences between allies and enemies.
I asked my cousin why it was so dark and brown and blurry, and he told me realism. All the soldiers in MW and MW2 need glasses then, because I can see farther than them, at night, without my glasses.

Not a big problem once I got accustomed to it (and by accustomed I mean I pumped up my brightness settings until it looked like I was playing the game on acid).

---

MOTHERFUCKERS CAN'T AIM UNLESS THEY'RE LOOKING DOWN THE SIGHTS

This seems to just be a general problem with all fpses, stemming from Counterstrike, but it is extremely apparent in MW/MW2. If the gun isn't swaying and I'm shooting from the hip I should be able to hit somebody from across the room with every military issue firearm is existence. It's worse than TF2 with weapon accuracy (TF2 at least doesn't try to portray itself as realistic)

---

You have to play the game using matchmaking services by default.

This is a major failure in the PC version, but the 360 always has to deal with crappy Live. It's a dumb idea and doesn't work out for most games, but you should already know that.

---

THROWN KNIVES DON'T INSTANTLY KILL PEOPLE INFINITY WARD

I don't think there has ever been a case of instant death by thrown knife. EVER

---

Spoiler:

Seriously, just stop it Infinity Ward.

---

The characters are interesting.

---

I enjoyed killing Russian civilians, even if it was only added in for press attention.

---

Multiplayer with 7chan was enjoyable.

---

Heh, head shots.
Back to top Go down
https://noxrev.forumotion.com
13ad7uck.
Goblin Gorer
13ad7uck.

Griping about Modern Warfare 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griping about Modern Warfare 2   Griping about Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:06 pm

The campaign was rather interesting story-wise, well made if you ask me, but far too short and some of the missions were TOO easy, to be honest, took only half or less tries that I had on CoD4 missions.

The only mission I became frustrated on was Takedown.

Cod5 Cod4 were by far more challenging on veteran than this. I blame the deactivation of the respawns.

No one mention Cod2 please.

MP MW2 is capable. WHERE ARE MY NIGHT GOGGLES?! D: They were fun to use in the morning.

I like the amount of main characters kill, even though it became a bit annoying and overdone, it added onto the suspension. At least no one is Superman, excluding Captain Price, Captain Macmillan, and Captain Mactavish.

Rename the Russian race, rename all Russian Locations, done done, no controversy. Also instead of an airport, make it a strip club.

As for your problem with the visions...

Griping about Modern Warfare 2 070119
Back to top Go down

Griping about Modern Warfare 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NoX Revival Role-Playing  :: General :: Tea Room (Civil Discussion)-
Jump to: